I’ve been nominated by Cecilia Bacon at http://www.thywordmythoughts.com
Thanks for the nomination Cecilia, and for sharing your thoughts on God’s Word with us 🙂
About the Sunshine Award:
This award is given to creative, positive, and cheerful bloggers by other bloggers as a token of appreciation and admiration. Here are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
If I’ve nominated you, please feel under no obligation to do this! It’s just an opportunity for me to express my appreciation for your blogs 🙂
1. What is the longest time you’ve ever lived in one location?
About 15 years in the house my parents still live in.
2. What is the most powerful lesson you have learned from your relationship with Jesus?
That His love never fails, unlike me!
3. What is your favorite meal?
4. Who inspires you the most and why?
Apart from Jesus? Definately my wife. I’m really unambitious, but she encourages me to be more motivated
5. What was the last book you read, and did you like it?
Apart from the Bible? Probably War Horse by Michael Morpurgo with my 11 year old brother in law. It was okay, but we never finished it.
6. What is your favorite season?
Whichever one I’m heading into, so I’m looking forward to crisp autumnal (fall) days
7. Is it easy or difficult for you to speak about your faith to others?
It was easy in my old job but harder in this new one for some reason
8. How would you describe yourself?
A bit like a donkey sometimes to be honest- at once both stubborn and yet impulsive too
9. Where do you find inspiration from your blog posts?
Apart from the Bible? Sometimes the news or something that God’s Spirit puts in my mind
10. Do you have a mentor?
The lady who first encouraged me to write could count, I’m not in touch with her as often as I should be!
11. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I sometimes speculate that we’re all naturally introverted, but the extroverts make the effort to overcome their introversion!
My 11 questions are as follows:
1. Do you have a motto for your life?
2. Where would your dream holiday be?
3. Who’s your favorite musician/music group?
4. What’s your earliest memory?
5. What was your last dream you can remember about?
6. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
7. Who’s your closest friend?
8. What inspired you to start a blog?
9. What’s your favorite TV programme?
10. How would you like to be remembered?
11. What’s the best meal you can cook?
The 11 blogs I want to nominate are
1. www.sheqoz.com – check out a great recent post on marriage
2. www.godinspiredart.wordpress.com – Tammy is a great encouragement to me in my blogging, and has a God inspired blog of her own
3. www.ettingerwriting.com – David is another great encouragement, and a great writer- enjoy his thought provoking blog
4. www.bcooper.wordpress.com – Bruce is a good apologist, a deep thinker with a godly heart
5. www.bickleyhouse.wordpress.com – Jeff always encourages me especially in my Bible book blogs. I love his unique blog style- check it out!
6. www.authorryanc.com – Ryan is a great friend of my blog, I love how his blog is so open about his life and the grace of God in it
7. www.bereavedsingledad.blog – My favorite blog by a Yorkshireman that despite its sad title is full of self- deprecating humour
8. www.devotionsbychris.com – I know I write devotions mostly myself, but Chris’ devotions are my favourite to read myself
9. www.diaryofabrokenman.home.blog – As a fellow sufferer of mental ill health, I really appreciate how Kevin ministers to the likes of me and our brethren seeking to walk alongside us in our brokenness
10. www.theweeflea.com – David is a professional who’s in another league to us amateurs, but he’s also a brother in Christ and a good servant of His
11. www.challies.com – Tim is the ultimate professional Christian blogger, with the Rolls Royce of Christian blogs!
I also want to mention www.stephenkneale.com – “Building Jerusalem” gives a good insight into British evangelicalism that I come from (although I currently attend a pentecostal church).